What Is the DEN?
The Disklavier Education Network (DEN) exists to unify and empower Disklavier users in music education and the performing arts.
The DEN is an association of schools, artists and educators who are expanding the opportunities for music education and performance using the remarkable technologies inherent in the Disklavier. Member institutions and individuals participate in long distance lessons, master classes, and concert broadcasts, contribute recorded materials—such as instrumental and vocal accompaniments—to a community archive, share technical tips and “best practices,” and enjoy access to premium support services from Yamaha.
To support the DEN, Yamaha provides:
• A multimedia website that supports DEN activities
• An audition program that enables students to apply to distant schools and music programs
• A multimedia database of high quality performances recorded on the Disklavier
• Opportunities for educators to interact musically over long distances in real time
• Visibility for creative uses of the Disklavier in music education, composition, and performance